Jan 13, 2012

Essence Eyeliner Pen: Review

In this post, I'm going to do a review on the Essence Eyeliner Pen that I purchased from Ulta. For some reason, I thought I purchased it around a dollar but on the website, it says it's "$2.49". It's a cheap price already so I shouldn't complain. I just wanted to try a new eyeliner out so I gave this eyeliner a go.

 

This eyeliner is from a Europe-based company, Essence. I believe you can only find this cosmetics in the US at Ulta. All of their products are cheap and affordable. As you can see from the picture above, it has a pen-like applicator, which I like. The applicator is quite thick so if you're one of those people who like thin liner-this product may not be for you.

This eyeliner claims that it is "smudge-proof" but it isn't. I had to reapply my eyeliner because:

  1.  It faded.
  2. It smudged quite a lot. 

I had to keep replying it and replying it. Asking my teachers to excuse myself to go to the restroom because my eyeliner didn't stay. I prefer an eyeliner that actually lasts the whole day.

The pigmentation is good if you press down on the liner. It isn't the type of eyeliner where if you press softly on your lids, it comes with a lot of product. I felt like the actual product dries very quickly. I find that the eyeliner tip was kind of stiff, so it can be hard to apply. It surely isn't an eyeliner pen that glides smoothly.

Did I like it? 
It was okay. Surely not the best liquid eyeliner I ever tried.

Will you buy it again?
Again, there are better eyeliners out there so, no.

Do you recommend it to anyone?
If you like the smudgy-kind of eyeliner, go for it. But I wouldn't recommend it.

Overall, I thought the eyeliner pen was okay. Yes, it was very cheap. But the staying power and the smudging is the problem. Although, I didn't enjoy this product, someone else might love it. So, don't count on me for your experiences on the Essence Eyeliner Pen. This is just my thoughts on it. 

If you want to find a great eyeliner from the drugstore, check out Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner. Although it's five dollars more than the Essence eyeliner, it is one of the best drugstore eyeliner out there. Totally recommend it. If you want a review on it, let me know. I probably will make a review on it though.

If you want to see my last review, click here. Well, that's pretty much it. I hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment