It seems like different trends coordinate in different areas: LA and San Diego. But, both are the same except for the bottom half. You'll see.
This outfit coordinates to the outfits I saw in Los Angeles (although this style can be seen anywhere now since it's so popular). I call it the Summer Tumblr Trend, inspired to all you people you have a summer themed blog and reblog these typical outfits. I'm not bashing you if you have that theme or like it. I for one, had once a summer tumblr blog as well. So no hate!
2. Of course, all outfits has to have some sort of high waisted shorts. No questions asked. These type of shorts can be found everywhere now, from Forever 21 to your local boutique. But if you want to be seen as some cool hipster, go to your local Goodwill and find yourself some vintage Levi jeans. Booyeah!
3. High white Chuck's(which seem to popular) or just regular white converse. I personally love these shoes. I own two! The sucky thing is that they get dirty reeaaallly easily.
I don't know what's up with me and tumblr, I'm sorry, but I'll call this style the "Street Style Tumblr Trend" like the header above. This I found to more popular among Teens in the San Diego area. But of course, can be found anywhere, not just this particular region.
1. Of course, start with a top crop, like the outfit before. A top that's more looser and not tight seems to be the case. It should barely hover the upper band of the skirt.
2. Instead of the shorts, it is traded in with a flippy jersey skater/circle skirt.
3. Lastly, a nice pair of cut out sandals should be a nice touch to a feminene outfit. Of course, substitute to any kind of shoe, like converse or jellies, or even some like this.
Below I have listed some particular clothing items that I feel work with these two outfits:
In conclusion, they are both similar outfits seen in cities hours apart. But what "trend" do I prefer? I like the second outfit or what I call the "Street Style Tumblr". It's cute and girly. For me, I feel more comfortable under a skirt (that go mid thigh or to the knees) than some shorts. But that's just me, it could be totally different for you. But what I like best about both of these is that you don't have to stick with restricted, particular items to get a similar look. You can experiment with different clothing and you can get the same result!