Dec 29, 2014

Diary Entry #2

12/26/14

Yesterday of course was Christmas. It's saddening that as I get older, Christmas doesn't feel as special. There was something magical and fun as a child, believing in Santa Claus, picking some Oreos and a plate for him, and waiting excitingly for what presents were to come under the tree in the morning. Nevertheless, it was a nice day.

12/29/14

This is my last week of relaxation before school starts again. I don't want break to end. I guess I have to make the most of my free time. But, the thing is, I've been wasting my time on the Sims 2. Ever since watching Dan and Phil's videos on the Sims 4, I wanted to play the Sims myself. So that's what I did. It's very entertaining; time seems to slow down once you play the Sims because once you decide you're done playing, hours have passed before your eyes. It's addictive.

Yesterday, I watched the animated film, Anastasia, for the first time in years. More like ten years? It was on Netflix and my happy self could not wait to watch the movie. As a child, I had an Anastasia baby-doll style shirt and a Pooka (Anya's dog in the film) toy plush. I could not help admire Dimitri and his charm. I liked the dialogue between Anastasia and Dimitri; they were quick with wit and smarts.

Tomorrow, my brother, my cousin, and I are going to see The Theory of Everything. Jenan had said that it was a great film and I trust Jenan's opinions, for her taste in films are similar to mine's. Plus, critics gave positive reviews. And Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones are starring, and I'm a fan of both of them.

It's so weird the year's almost over. Thinking back to the beginning of the year, I don't really remember what happened. I just remembered major events:
  • quitting band
  • cutting my hair again by myself
  • turning 17 
  • taking the SAT's
  • taking the SAT's again and improving my score
  • going to the One Direction WWA concert
  • getting accepted to university
  • not feeling close to Sami anymore
  • learning not to lash out on friends, or family, when you are feeling bad
  • driving to school finally
  • my band and I sounding very good with our cover of Dirty Paws
  • becoming interesting in film again
  • developing feminist ideas
  • the year I became very interested in superheros
Hopefully with writing this down on this blog, I won't forget who I was in 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment