Jan 9, 2015

My Top Beauty Products and Fashion Items of 2014 (plus some other miscellaneous stuff)

I was looking at my old posts and I noticed that I did a post called "Top 11 of 2011." It was a blogpost of all my favorite things (beauty, fashion, music, and books) of 2011. Since 2014 just passed, I decided I would like to vocalize what things I loved in the year 2014. It's also nice for me to look back at what I liked that year.

Makeup:

Almay Eyeliner
*this has been the eyeliner that I've been using for the past two years. Classic, retractable eye pencil that has a substantial staying power, but also smudges slightly (which I like)

Almay Clear Complexion Concealer
*I don't  apply this on my zits, but I find this concealer thick enough to somewhat cover my mole.

Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow in Adventurous 
 *Great colors; two of them may have too much fall out from glitter, but I like the color combinations you can do with this quad. I especially like the matte chocolate brown eyeshadow

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry
*Awesome, buildable lipstick for a plum lip

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush
*Moisturizing yet still maintains pigmentation. I wear this with multiple products (like Black Cherry) for the ultimate vampy lip

Elf Professional Eye Shadow Brush
*A soft brush that I used all the time in 2014 for applying shadow on my lids. I have the older version of this brush. I think it's now called the "C" brush
NYC Eyelash Curler
*Inexpensive and does a good job curling my lashes!

Lancome Eyeshadow Faux Pas
*this was in my 2011 list. I used this eye shadow continuously half way through the year for a simple brown look or to put in my crease.

Fashion:


H&M black Chelsea boots
White mock turtleneck from Kohl's
1990's sleeveless collared shirt from Mom
Calvin Klein dress pants

Music:

Trouble Will Find Me album- The National
*favs include I Should Live In Salt, Don't Swallow the Cap, and Graceless
High Violet album- The National
*fav songs include Terrible Love, England, Vanderlye Crybaby Geeks
About Today- The National
*originally heard this song from the movie Warrior, and just this year begun to listen to this songs again. It's one of my favorite songs ever.
Blood- the Middle East
The Moon Song- Karen O ft. Ezra Koenig
Before My Time- J. Ralph, Scarlett Johansson, Joshua Bell

The Girl- City and Colour
First Day of My Life- Bright Eyes
George Ezra 
Gabrielle Aplin
500 Days of Summer Soundtrack
Where the Wild Things Are Soundtrack


Books:

"2014 was the year of finishing series" I say as I look back at the 14 books I read that year. Click here to see all the books I read! Now the following are the best books I read in 2014:

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
Cress by Marissa Meyer
Champion by Marie Lu
Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Other things:

AMC Movie Talk
*5 days a week, a group of film experts talk for about 30 minutes about movie news, castings, films. It's freaking great for the film lover! Watch them on youtube.

Rookie Mag
*Although I've only fully started reading Rookie Mag on the daily, I think it's a great website for teens and for adults. It's full of insight, advice, inspiration, and how-to's.

That is all for me favorites. I hope you get something out of this list and have a great year.



No comments:

Post a Comment